New sites and new targets
It’s been a few weeks since my last post – and since then we’ve been regularly getting over 1,000 visitors. Our visitor numbers have jumped considerably – growing on average 25% month on month. And you may have noticed the recent increase in approved submissions, we’re getting more and we’re trying to keep the quality high of everything we approve. The next target is 1,500 visitors a day and we’re aiming for that by end of October!
The big news though is our growing list of 101 Best sites! As I’ve mentioned we’ve been working hard on a new bit of code and we’ve finally got it to a stage for us to use as the main backend system for the 101 Best sites.
Our new sites are:
Although 101 Best Android Apps isn’t strictly new we’ve managed to transfer over the users and send out emails to everyone to let them mknow the new features. Why not check them out and see what’s coming to 101 Best Websites. We’re hoping to start the mammoth job of transferring the sites and users next week for a relaunch the following week once everything has been tested and checked.
Although the design will stay pretty much the same it’s the new backend system that gives us more flexibility and the ability to add new features faster then ever before. There are a few nice touches though:
- Submissions can now include up to 4 images.
- The voting system has been tweaked to make it fairer.
- You can now view the best sites over the last few days, months or all time.
- The site list and pagination is better and now shows up to site 101 – is it better to be 1st or 101st?
Future developments will include:
- The ability to “claim” your site.
- External widgets to allow voting from your own site.
- Apps for various sites and mobiles to allow submissions and voting and showing off!